Terms of Service
By visiting and signing up on this site, you accept our terms and conditions of service
Cashestate is a dollar denominated real estate investment platform available online and through mobile applications.
For the purpose of this agreement a User is an individual who uses our website or mobile application to evaluate our service, or for educational purposes and a Client is an individual who signs up on Cashestate that entitles the Client to have her or his investment portfolio managed by Cashestate.
It should be noted that Users grant full permission to Cashestate to create an SPV and purchase properties on their behalf under the name of that SPV. Users retain full ownership rights over the SPV and the underlying properties and remain entitled to the cash flow and capital gains from the properties, less of Cashestate’s fees.
You must be 18 or older to access our website or mobile applications.
2.2. Your Access
You are responsible for safeguarding your password and other User Account information. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party and you will notify Cashestate immediately if your password is lost or stolen or if you suspect any unauthorized use of your User Account. As a User, you agree that you shall be solely responsible for any activities or actions under your User Account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions.
You agree that the information you provide to us on account registration through our website or mobile applications will be true, accurate, current, and complete. If you wish to develop enhancements to the Cashestate service then you must do so via our "Partner Program" API. As used in these Terms, "APIs" means programmatic web APIs and associated tools and documentation that provide access to certain data displayed on our website or in our mobile applications. Access to our APIs requires you meet our Partner Program eligibility criteria and enter into a signed partnership agreement with Cashestate.
You may not scrape or copy information through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work) as explained in Section 6.2. If you wish to learn more about becoming a Partner, please contact email@example.com.
2.2. Alerts, Notifications and Service Communications
By creating a User Account, you automatically sign up for various types of alerts via e-mail and mobile notification. We never include your password in these communications, but we may include your name, or email address and information about your portfolio(s) if you are a Client. Anyone with access to your e-mail or mobile device will be able to view these alerts. You may unsubscribe from marketing oriented emails at any time.
3. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
Cashestate cannot be held responsible for any financial insights or recommendations provided to Users.
3.1. For a User who is not a Client
You understand and acknowledge that the investment results you could obtain from investment information and financial insights provided by Cashestate cannot be guaranteed and that Cashestate cannot be held responsible. All investments entail a risk of loss and that you may lose money. Investment management services may be offered to individuals who become clients, at the sole discretion of Cashestate.
You agree as a User that you are responsible for your own investment research and investment decisions, that Cashestate is only one of many tools you may use as part of a comprehensive investment education process, that you should not and will not rely on Cashestate as the primary basis of your investment decisions and, except as otherwise provided for herein, Cashestate will not be liable for decisions/actions you take or authorize third parties to take on your behalf based on information you receive as a User of Cashestate or information you otherwise see on our website.
3.2. Disclaimer Warranties
Your use of Cashestate's website, and the personal information you provide is at your sole discretion. Cashestate's website and all materials, information, products and services included therein, are provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis without warranties of any kind from Cashestate.
CASHESTATE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, RELATING TO CASHESTATE'S WEBSITE, CONTENT AND/OR USER INFORMATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. CASHESTATE DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED:
- REGARDING THE AVAILABILITY, SECURITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS AND PERFORMANCE OF CASHESTATE'S WEBSITE, CONTENT AND/OR USER INFORMATION;
- THAT CASHESTATE'S WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED;
- THAT CASHESTATE'S WEBSITE WILL BE FREE FROM ELECTRONIC VIRUSES; OR
- REGARDING THE PERFORMANCE OF OR ACCURACY, QUALITY, CURRENCY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY CASHESTATE ON ITS WEBSITE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Cashestate's website, shall create any warranty not expressly stated in this Agreement. If you choose to rely on such information, you do so solely at your own risk.
3.3. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL CASHESTATE OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF CASHESTATE, CONTENT AND/OR USER INFORMATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR UTILITY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED AS PART OF OR THROUGH CASHESTATE OR FOR ANY INVESTMENT DECISIONS MADE ON THE BASIS OF SUCH INFORMATION, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT CASHESTATE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION AND IN NO EVENT SHALL CASHESTATE'S CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED NGN10,000.
5. Dispute Resolution
The arbitration will be conducted in the English language before a single arbitrator in Delaware. Such arbitration must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either Cashestate or you may apply to any court of competent jurisdiction for injunctive relief without breach of this arbitration provision.
6. Cashestate "Dos" and "Don'ts"
Cashestate grants you a license to use our website and mobile applications so long as you comply with all our rules.
6.1. Dos: You agree you will:
Cashestate grants you a license to use our website and mobile applications so long as you comply with all our rules.
6.1.1. Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
6.1.2. Provide accurate information to us, whether reported directly or through a third party who you authorize, and keep it updated;
6.1.3. Use the services solely for your personal, non-commercial use;
6.1.4. Use your real name on your profile and keep your password confidential;
6.1.5. Use the Services in a professional manner.
6.2. Donts: You agree you won't:
6.2.1. Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of Cashestate or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or User information
6.2.2. Upload, email, transmit, provide, or otherwise make available:
- any User information which you do not have the lawful right to use, copy, transmit, display, or make available (including any User information that would violate any confidentiality or fiduciary obligations that you might have with respect to the User information); or
- any User information that infringes the intellectual property rights of, or violates the privacy rights of, any third-party (including without limitation copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right, moral right, or right of publicity); or
- unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation; or
- any personal information that is unlawful, obscene, harmful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, or hateful, or that contain objects or symbols of hate, invade the privacy of any third-party, contain nudity, are deceptive, threatening, abusive, inciting of unlawful action, or are otherwise objectionable in the sole discretion of Cashestate; or
- any personal information that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to (i) interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software; or (ii) interfere with the access of any user, host or network, including without limitation overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing, or sending a virus to Cashestate; or
- any personal information that includes code that is hidden or otherwise surreptitiously contained within the User information;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Cashestate name, trademark, URL or product name;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any posting, or in any way use Cashestate to send altered, deceptive, or false source- identifying information;
- Interfere with or disrupt (or attempt to interfere with or disrupt) any Cashestate web page, server, or network, or the technical delivery systems of Cashestate's providers, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to Cashestate.
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Cashestate system or network or breach or impair or circumvent any security or authentication measures protecting Cashestate;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer any of the software used to provide Cashestate;
- Attempt to access, search, or meta-search Cashestate or content thereon with any engine, software, tool, agent, device, or mechanism other than software and/or search agents provided by Cashestate or other generally available third- party web browsers, including without limitation any software that sends queries to Cashestate to determine how a website or web page ranks;
- Violate the terms of service or any other rule or agreement applicable to you or Cashestate's inclusion in, reference to, or relationship with any third party or third-party site or service, or your use of any such third-party site or service;
- Collect or store personal information about other users without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, through pretexting or some other form of social engineering, or commit fraud;
- Solicit any User for any investment or other commercial or promotional transaction;
- Violate any applicable law, regulation, or ordinance;
- Scrape or copy information through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work);
- Use, launch, or permit to be used any automated system, including without limitation "robots," "crawlers," or "spiders"; or
- Copy or use the information, content or data on Cashestate in connection with a competitive service (as determined by Cashestate);
- Monitor Cashestate's availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purposes
- Copyrighted Materials: No Unauthorized Use. If you become aware of misuse of Cashestate or content thereon by any person, please contact Cashestate to report any abuse. Cashestate has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination of Accounts of users who infringe the rights of copyright holders. Please see the Cashestate Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy for further information.
7. General Terms
8. International Use
Cashestate is a US domiciled service that allows participation from non-US users.
8.1. By signing up and using Cashestate, users accept that they are signing up for US domiciled real estate properties. We make no representations that accessing Cashestate from your location is legal or permissible by local law. If you access Cashestate from areas outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and are yourself responsible for compliance with local laws.
9. Anti-Money Laundering
Cashestate is committed to full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding Anti-Money Laundering (AML). Cashestate‘s policy is to prevent people engaged in money laundering, fraud, and other financial crimes, including terrorist financing, from using Cashestate‘s services. Cashestate has procedures to detect, prevent and report suspicious activity. In addition, we may request that you provide us with documentation to help prove your identity or for business verification purposes. We report suspicious transactions to the financial intelligence unit in the respective country.
9.1. How does this impact you?
As part of our AML procedures, for any investments which are over the sum of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,0000) made by a client on Cashestate, we shall collect information from you to satisfy our Know Your Customer requirements. This means that we may request information from you due to a specific identification requirement or as a result of our screening process. We may ask you to provide documentation to help confirm your identity or provide additional information regarding your business. We may also request that you seek pre-approval for utilizing the Cashestate service if your account falls within a high risk compliance category.
9.2. When is this information requested?
We may ask for this information during a Cashestate user account opening or as part of our account review process which we periodically conduct on our existing customers.
This Agreement takes priority over previous agreements
11. Integration & Severability
This Agreement is the entire agreement between you and us with respect to Cashestate, and your use of our website and mobile app, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written or electronic) between you and us.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. Investment recommendations are made to Clients on an individual basis and may differ based on specific circumstances.
12. Advice may differ
You understand and agree that we act as a real estate investment manager for Clients and will continue to do so. We and our personnel may make recommendations and take action for Clients that may differ from the recommendations we give to you or the action we take on your behalf.
In addition, our personnel may take actions for their own accounts based on their own investment situations that differ from the recommendations we give you or actions we take on your behalf.
13. Communication: Any notice or communication will be in writing by email
Any notice or other communication to be given hereunder will be in writing and given by (a) Cashestate via email (in each case to the address that you provide), or (b) you via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to such other addresses as Cashestate may specify in writing. The date of receipt shall be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
14. Feedback: We welcome your feedback!
Your feedback is welcome and encouraged. You may submit feedback by emailing us at email@example.com You agree, however, that (i) by submitting unsolicited ideas to Cashestate or any of its employees or representatives, by any medium, including but not limited to email, written, or oral communication, you automatically forfeit your right to any intellectual property rights in such ideas; and (ii) such unsolicited ideas automatically become the property of Cashestate.
You hereby assign and agree to assign all rights, title, and interest you have in such feedback and ideas to Cashestate together with all intellectual property rights therein. In addition, you warrant that all moral rights in any feedback have been waived, and you do hereby waive any such moral rights.
15. Questions: If you have any questions
You can also contact Cashestate by phone at +234 809 0920 619 or via physical mail at:
Plot 1619 Danmole Street
Victoria Island, Lagos,